Sign in to follow this  
RUTAKN

TARO.. ?

has anyone tryed taro apparently its a natural steroid or something was talking to a maori bloke the other day about it just wandering if wat yous have heard about it and if its any good ??

Hi,

Don't know at being a natural steriod but we eat it all the time, mum makes it into a soup, looks kind of like a big potato. Its supposed to be very good for you.

Can we make french fries out of it Herc,you know I love my french fries.

Not sure how they would taste mate, are you being serious lol.

We have it in soup with silverbeet and meat.

yeah apparently its very good 4 u ... i just heard off someone else that its a natural steroid i dont know thats why im asking yous

Yeah some veg have a production of natural steroids in them, albeit not at a high level obviously. Taro apparently has a quite high level when compared to other veg, but it it also very rich in starch. Looking at all the islanders, i would say if you were eating it consistently every day the steroids may have some effect, but i believe most of the weight gain would be contributed to the high levels of starch.

not a steroid, asians eat it all the time.. well we do and were not that big... well actually we are hahaa (haka chinese are usually bigger than other peasant asians.)

not a steroid, asians eat it all the time.. well we do and were not that big... well actually we are hahaa (haka chinese are usually bigger than other peasant asians.)

Read my post ;)

Most supermarkets stock Taro now. If not, all teh asian grocery shops stock it.

Its a grey coloured root.

Eat it if you like startchy pastey taste. I warned you. Most westerners dont have an open pallet for different foods.

Haha, taro's the shit! I dont eat it anymore, im big enough :(

Get em from islander corner shops and shit. Some are already in bags, peeled already, so pop em in a pot of water, boil and you're done! ;)

i tried the taro milk tea with the pearls the other day only coz i read it on here and i have to say its the shit.

i tried the taro milk tea with the pearls the other day only coz i read it on here and i have to say its the shit.

Whys it 'The Shit'?