Sign in to follow this  
JDM 20T

Suggestions for Mods on my S15

Thanks Karl for clearing up the thing about the power fc + z32. I was pretty sure what I said was right :)

I did? :huh:

Hey mate, It's great to see that an alarm is one of the first things on your list!!!

Good luck with the new car mate!

+1 and i hope you have budgeted insurance also!!

just get it on the ground with a set of coilovers, and the a big set of vs kf 10s on the rear +7 and a 9s on the front +15. will look way tuff

just get it on the ground with a set of coilovers, and the a big set of vs kf 10s on the rear +7 and a 9s on the front +15. will look way tuff

10" rims on a s15? hahaha your dreaming

yer nuh im picky as as well especially since my s14 needed a bit more mods to keep er up to scratch so yer my S15 is stock apart from the exhaust...Im definately getting an Power Fc (Not jdetro as i want AFM readings) and also getting my intake modified with a z32 installed as well...As to the Haltech my mate has one in his s15 and if i could afford it would definately invest in one for the fact that i dont really want a hand controller as theres more of a risk gettn fkd over...

So at current mods in order will be Alarm,Cooler ,Bosch 040, Profec B, Dump pipe/turbo back exhaust, ECU and tune... perhaps split fire coil packs and car dropped on its ass......

yer nuh im picky as as well especially since my s14 needed a bit more mods to keep er up to scratch so yer my S15 is stock apart from the exhaust...Im definately getting an Power Fc (Not jdetro as i want AFM readings) and also getting my intake modified with a z32 installed as well...As to the Haltech my mate has one in his s15 and if i could afford it would definately invest in one for the fact that i dont really want a hand controller as theres more of a risk gettn fkd over...

You know you can just disconnect the hand controller or put it in your glovebox right? :huh: Screw your AFM readings, 99% of the time they're useless.

You know you can just disconnect the hand controller or put it in your glovebox right? :huh: Screw your AFM readings, 99% of the time they're useless.

Ahh sweet didnt know u could disconnect the hand controller...

Dreaming??? I run 10" +32 on the rear of mine :) Stock gaurds lipped back

no dreaming here:

i had 10" @ rears too +34

9's at the front +24

also stock gaurds, only rolled at back (no lip/flare)

INX75Y: my advice for you is stick to quality parts, dont skimp on cheaper alternatives!

good luck with it all and make up a build/mod thread so we can all watch ur car evolve :D

no dreaming here:

i had 10" @ rears too +34

9's at the front +24

also stock gaurds, only rolled at back (no lip/flare)

INX75Y: my advice for you is stick to quality parts, dont skimp on cheaper alternatives!

good luck with it all and make up a build/mod thread so we can all watch ur car evolve :D

Yes agreed obviosuly less dramas down the track... I will 100 % list pics and my car's evolvment lol... Im hell syked i got few parts in my room waiting to be installed...

Can someone recommend a good dump pipe brand

+32 is weak.. imtalking proper offset'd rims with decent camber not -3 -4

The regular Power FC requires an AFM

the D-Jetro Power FC does not as it runs off a MAP sensor - however this option is more expensive (requires additional parts - about $250, Does not come with ANY maps pre installed therefore will take longer to tune - up to $400 over the regular PFC and will require you to make up a AFMless intake pipe which could cost up to $200)

I'm looking for a reasonably priced garage in sydney that'll do all this for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

Today i just bought the following:

Split fire coils

Sard 660cc Injectors

Apexi Intake system

Apexi Power fc

XForce Dump pipe

Sard Fuel Reg

Bought from CRD i recommend highly..

Split fire coils

Sard 660cc Injectors

Apexi Intake system

Apexi Power fc

XForce Dump pipe

Sard Fuel Reg

how much did it cost you all up

Very interested in this topic as i have also bought meself a stock JDM s15..LOL..

I wana see how this turns out..ill track this topic

Split fire coils

Sard 660cc Injectors

Apexi Intake system

Apexi Power fc

XForce Dump pipe

Sard Fuel Reg

Ah buddy you didn't listen to us

not a bad list of gear but money spent in the wrong area

you REALLY should have gone the CES dump or Tomei at the very least (but then youd need a front pipe, the CES is a dump and front pipe in 1)

the SARD injectors will be ok, I'm not sure though with your mods why you bought the Spitfire coil packs, WAY WAY too much overkill for your current ride, you should have spent that $500 or so on Brake Pads or put it towards some suspension components - I think you got bitten by the power bug and spent in the wrong place

Split fire coils

Sard 660cc Injectors

Apexi Intake system

Apexi Power fc

XForce Dump pipe

Sard Fuel Reg

Ah buddy you didn't listen to us

not a bad list of gear but money spent in the wrong area

you REALLY should have gone the CES dump or Tomei at the very least (but then youd need a front pipe, the CES is a dump and front pipe in 1)

the SARD injectors will be ok, I'm not sure though with your mods why you bought the Spitfire coil packs, WAY WAY too much overkill for your current ride, you should have spent that $500 or so on Brake Pads or put it towards some suspension components - I think you got bitten by the power bug and spent in the wrong place

Hey guys thanks 4 your output.. Firstly to confrim i dont think it was $$ spent in the wrong area. After owning/selling my S14 i always wanted more power and with the mods i have can at least see 220 at the rears... My mate owns SXC-200 yellow S15 with basically near the same mods apart from the ECU. His got a Hatlech E8...His S15 fkn hammers n again mine will go better then his as his is a spec s...In terms of suspension and brakes yer agreed its important but can wait i suppose.. Actually might invest in front brake pads..

ECU $ 1050.00 ( not from CRD)

Sard Injectors x4 $620

Sard Fuel reg $ 165

Split fires -$ 495

Apexi Intake - $ 220

Xforce Dump $ 160

Other mods i have :

Hybrid Cooler

Bosch 040

Profec B boost controller

Now im trying to hunt down an Apexi Super suction kit ( stainless intake) and a Z32... As to the split fires i have been told by numerous ppl if ur car makes anything over 200 rwkw the car misses every now n then, the OEM coils cant hold spark

Reason i didnt get a CES or Tomei Dump pipe is because my mates had no probs wid his n his car sounds fkn hectic.. his got a full XForce turb back sys....My S15 has a cat back exhaust atm so waiting to take get the car then go Westside mufflers and get them to hunt me down a madd front pipe and modd something to my existing system.. Actaully i might also get a new cannon..

Image054.jpg

not sure if its true, i guess it could all depend on the tuner but i was told that the spitfire kit and power FC dont go to well together, im guessing it was just the tune the guy had though.

By the way your mates car being a spec S wont make any difference in power they both have the same engine, even if his is a ADM spec if he has the same mods as you you are going to pretty much have the same power, the only tihng you have going for you over your mates Spec S is the BB turbo which may get you a little more power.

Also if you want to see 220kw you will most likely need to get a better turbo something like a gt28RS or gt2871r which are direct bolt ons and will get you to the 220kw mark, the std turbo will most likely only get you just over the 200 mark.

not sure if its true, i guess it could all depend on the tuner but i was told that the spitfire kit and power FC dont go to well together, im guessing it was just the tune the guy had though.

By the way your mates car being a spec S wont make any difference in power they both have the same engine, even if his is a ADM spec if he has the same mods as you you are going to pretty much have the same power, the only tihng you have going for you over your mates Spec S is the BB turbo which may get you a little more power.

Also if you want to see 220kw you will most likely need to get a better turbo something like a gt28RS or gt2871r which are direct bolt ons and will get you to the 220kw mark, the std turbo will most likely only get you just over the 200 mark.

NO my mate made 220kw @ PEAK on Hi boost 16 psi. Seen his Dyno sheets .... I have same mods apart from ECU therefor how wouldnt i make at least that

thats a good effort for a std turbo. if he is making 220kw on a std turbo your turbo should be capable of it. IMO its alot to ask for a std turbo though.

I dont see how your mate made 220 on a stock turbo. I have all the supporting mods on mine and more and just break 200rwkw on 16psi. And yeah, dont really know why you got bigger injectors with stock turbo, you would be pushing or just bout maxing your stock ones with your setup so there wasnt really a need for bigger injectors.

Either way, good luck with the build~

I dont see how your mate made 220 on a stock turbo. I have all the supporting mods on mine and more and just break 200rwkw on 16psi. And yeah, dont really know why you got bigger injectors with stock turbo, you would be pushing or just bout maxing your stock ones with your setup so there wasnt really a need for bigger injectors.

Either way, good luck with the build~

Mate im being serious.. He made 220kw ABSOLUTE PEAK on 16 PSI stock turbz with basically same mods as i intend on doing....Dunno wats going on if youv done the same if not more n only making 200.It has a lot wth the tune and ECU.. As to my stock injectors id rather not max em out but comfortably supply as much fuel as required with the sards...Down the track i intend on putting bigger turbz on so yer...

220rwkw on a s15 running the standard turbo is very rare... But at the end of the day it all comes down to the tune... I've seen some stock turbo's push out some big figures with everything being pushed to the MAX... Most s15's with the mods listed above will hit around 190-210rwkw MARK and that is maxing the shi% outta everything. However u do come across certain cars that for some reason push out a little more power then others. At the end of the day it comes down to wat ur running and most importantly who tuned ur car... It is possible but i'd rather have 20rwkw less and have a safe tune... I paid the price for pushing my 180 to it's limits and not having a safe tune all because i was chasing a bigger number... safety first, power second...

all the best with the car mate. btw nice colout too. i haven't seen to many red s15's. looks shmick.

Sure is a good read this thread, hope all goin well INX75Y

Sure is a good read this thread, hope all goin well INX75Y

JAWGEEB - Agreed with u there mate, end of the day im not lying and his s15 made 220 MAXN the turbz 100 % . Autosport @ Kirawee done his tune etc... I plan on getting mine tuned @ CRD.. Give or take 20kw doesnt bother me but once mods installed and been on dyno im gunna take lots of photos n copy of Dyno sheet.. Will be interesting to see wat she makes.. Also good read up for any body in my situation and putting a lot of specualtion 2getha..

NTKD it is mate cheers again will add photos etc once i get the car next week...

thought id throw up my mod list for now.

hks pod

greddy fmic

tomei dump

hks front

kakimoto catback

hks evc

gtr fuel pump

cusco coil overs

was thinking of buying a set of 740ccs at a cheap price but not sure if i really need them.. i do plan to push as much out of the turbo, but i hear maxing ure injectors is not a great thing to do. any inputs?

ive got pretty much the same mods as you too and i got it tuned by CRD and got 203kw. pretty much i am maxing it out. thats why im getting a GT2871 its a direct bolt on. it will make the 220kw or more that i want and it will come on alot stronger. The gt2871R only cost about $1350 so it is resonably priced. and with your supporting mods would go very well and will hammer significantly more then your mates.

will add photos etc once i get the car next week...

Cool, look forward to it