Sign in to follow this  
NIK180

S15 and 180sx power comparison

- I have a stock standard S15 with an exhaust and K&N panel filter. it spools to 11psi.

- I have a 180sx SR20det with 166kw at the wheels (ECU remap, FMIC, 15psi, Fuel Pump)

the 180 is sh1t loads punchier, boost comes on a lot earlier and really puts u back in the seat straight away.

obviously the 180 has more power than the S15.

The S15 doesnt really start pulling until around 4.5 grand.

if i modded the S15 to around 170-190kw at the wheels would it still have that same kind of lag or will boost come on alot earlier and feel more like driving the 180sx.

the mods i want to do to the s15 are same as what i have done to the 180...

thanks - i am really trying to decide which car to keep here a 180 or an S15. at the moment the 180 is soooooo much more fun to drive.

Nick

the standard boost solenoid ramps up slowly, get rid of that and it will spool up quicker.

i'd keep the s15, it's newer, has better suspension, looks better, and with exhaust, fmic, pod, 14psi, you'll make 180+ at the wheels.

keep the s15 all you need is pfc and fmic

the 15 has new wiring beter seats and dash a newer engine and better suspension, there shouldnt be a decision at all :rolleyes:

dont be silly, 180 or s15... sheesh come on!

ditch the 180, spend a bit of the money on from the sale of the 180 on mods for the s15

-fmic

-injectors

-z32

-pfc & tune

it'll cost u less thank 3k and u'll be looking at roughly 190-200kw

slap a turbo and cams to match and then ur laughing 230-250kw!! (add roughly another 2k)

my s15 has 200kw atw at 15psi and 170kw at 11psi from your typical bolt on mods only and it is absolutely insane on both settings!!!!! I have:

pod

Z32 AFM

FMIC

exhaust

EBC

Power FC

fuel pump

injectors

few others

When you plant it, it throws u bak in ure seat like crazy and boost cuts in at about 3.5-4 grand. It depends wat you run it on though. I have a dual stage controller set to 11 psi and 15psi for max. When on 15psi the engine just feels so much more responsive and boost kicks in a lil bit earlier.

However, my friend has a completely stock one....no mods wat so ever, and although it still beats commodores, being in it really is a bit zzzZZzzz

but yer, keep the s15 man, it has better everything, especially interior and looks. Once you throw some bolt ons onto it you'll be a veeryyy happpyy mann :yes:

the reason you get that punch is because of the power and torque delivery, the s15 makes more power and torque in the low revs thats why it dosen't seem like it gives you that punch.

I'd take the power delivery of the s15 over the 180 any day