Sign in to follow this  
180sxdeano

turbonetics GTK 500 vs rebuild Garret 3076r

ok so ive blow my turbo on the last NS cruiseranting3.gif , could be up to 1300 to fix, but for a long time iv always wanted to go with another brand and been looking into turbonetics turbos but iv never seen any one with a turbonetics turbo on an sr

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/gtk

Current mods are 270' cams stage 2 12mm lift, os giken adj gears, titanium retainers, RAS and all the rest (no bottom end thoughshades.gif )

looking at the 450 to 500 range of these turbos but no sure on the specs and what the result would be like, i know ill have to change flanges etc

or if you know want will be on par with a GT30 but may be with less lagw00t2.gif

There was a thread about this turbo on SAU started by Dane (phunky monkey)not so long ago. In response, Trent (URAS) posted up a dyno of the 550 model on an SR and from memory I think full-boost was after 5000rpm. I saw the specs for the 500 and the 550 from the link you posted up and I see they both run a .82 T3 A/R - so I guess thats never going to be a responsive setup on an SR.

pm str8e his runnin a turbonetics turbo on his sr.. ..

The gt500 is not a good turbo imo far to big compressor for that ex wheel. Plus it is over priced. If you want to run a turbo similar to your gt3076r i would go with a 50trim f57. You can get them in cb as well for much cheaper than a gtk series. Pm for more details

Thanks for giving us the best review about the  turbonetics GTK 500 vs rebuild Garret 3076r. It will be good to make a comparison and find which one to choose and why. Writing the 6dollaressay about it will tell more and more people about this comparison and we will know in detail about both.