Sign in to follow this  
YunG<>BuK

anybody know good place to get Tools?

hey all....just got my tools grant just wondering anybody can recommend good place to buy good reliable tools in the South East?

thanks all

hey all....just got my tools grant just wondering anybody can recommend good place to buy good reliable tools from in the South East?

thanks all

what type of tools? tool. :whack:

head to All Tools, and Just Tools(i think its called this)

they have everything you will need, and im sure there would be one in the south east somwere

looking for hand tools like ratchets, multigrips, vice grips things like that....thanks will check them out...

I get most of mine from Total Tools. Pretty good quality and good pricing and their own brand has life time warranty.

I got a TTI 12mm rachet spanner thats outlasted a Kinchrome one ( damn those 12mm bolts on the bonnet, a nightmare during the 25 conversion)

total tool thats that one... not just tools... lol

total tools sounds like the place to get out! yeah I'm doing Mechanical plumbing

theres a few tools on NS

your not the sharpest tool in the shed either.

theres a few tools on NS

shut up, ill bludgeon you! :whack:

did u end up finding an apprenticeship?

yeah dude big waste of time at shittec possibly the worst school ever....after that I went to holmesglen did my plumbing pre app after I finished got a apprentice with a massive company working in the city on some big sites...how about yaself?

Buy most of my tools from electrical wholesalers (can get discounts due to the company I work for having accounts).

Bunnings can be quite overpriced for tools, unless you buy cheap shit. A pair of Channelock pliers are close to $80 there, when I can find them for around $30 cheaper elsewhere.

Victec must have really gone down hill. It wasn't too bad when I was there from 2002-2006...

Total tools is the way to go if you just want some tools on the spot, but if you are willing to wait a week or so jump onto ebay OR Bunnings does special order in nearly every brand that your after.

so if you take the exact model number to your local bunnings special orders desk talk to the people there and tell them at where ever you saw the tool that you after at a specific price(mind you the tool shop guys will be ringing the other toolshop to check the shelf price) and they will beat it by 10% becuase the oder in prices are no where near the shelf prices of the competition.

For example,

you see a drill in total tools for 500, you right it down and make sure you have the right model your after.

Go to bunnings give them the model number and shelf price.

By Bunnings advertising they are required to beat any "shelf price" by 10% this does include special orders

Hence that 500$ drill now costs you $450, A 50$ dollar saving for a weeks wait? could be well worth it( note 50$ is set from a 10% of 500)

Bunnings cheat a lil with 10%, for example the transmig 200 model number at total tools may be 222456 but bunnings will have it intheir system as 222457 there for the 10% rule won't count as different model number.

Oh and if they stock a certain brand they will have access to all stock

bunnings sell all bosch gear for mega low prices compared to others.

Bunnings seem to mostly sell the green Bosch (home use) don't they? Bought a blue Bosch angle-grinder from Total Tools in Moorabbin and they were cheap.

BuK>: for power tools try Huntingdale Power Tools on Huntingdale Rd just off Prinny Hwy in Oakleigh/H'dale.

Also try Reece Plumbing as they sell a fair amount of plumbing-specific gear ('Footprints' FTW!).

theres a few tools on NS

you 2 quit toolin around