Sign in to follow this  
bradsm87

Best fuel to run in standard 1UZ-FE with aftermarket ECU and tune

We wanna run some ethanol in the fuel for the cooling capability more than anything. The engine is only N/A with a 10:1 CR so it's gonna make peak torque all the way through the RPM easily without detonation.

Can U lose performance in an N/A engine with low-ish compression ratio by running too high octane fuel? Like if u run too high octane, wouldn't the fuel continue to burn after the piston reaches BDC and be a total waste of energy?

I'm thinking 70% 95 RON and 30% ethanol would be a pretty good mix. Would I be right in thinking 98 RON as the petrol component won't gain any more power at all?

We want the MAXIMUM POSSIBLE POWER out of the engine as it's a track car and local pump convenience is not a priority. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

I know of a Supra that has a 1uz-fe conversion, built motor, ITB's with 11.5:1 static compression and is pumping out 9100rpm on BP Ultimate.

On the track he does use Sunoco fuels and a shit load more timing, but I really think you would benefit with better quality fuel due to the fact more timing you could put into it.

I thought I would add a snippet of it. I love 2j's, 1j's and this 1UZ hits the spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzGBuf5oEI

That's 11.5:1. This is only 10:1 so it'll be able to have the timing advanced to peak torque all the way through the revs with about 98 ron. 70% 95/30% Ethanol should be about 99-101 ron

All higher octane does is raise your detonation threshold

It wont change anything on your current tune - unless you are using enough ethanol which will change the density of your fuel mix. Ethanol has a high o2 content which can make your engine run leaner

But higher octane alone will just make it less likely to ping, which can never be a bad thing

All higher octane does is raise your detonation threshold

It wont change anything on your current tune - unless you are using enough ethanol which will change the density of your fuel mix. Ethanol has a high o2 content which can make your engine run leaner

But higher octane alone will just make it less likely to ping, which can never be a bad thing

Not so much what i was asking. The car is not tuned yet. We have to decide what fuel to run first. We want the heat capacity advantage of ethanol (which also happens to have a very high octane rating)

What I mean is will there be any disadvantage of blending the 30% - 40% ethanol with 95 RON fuel compared to 98 RON since both mixtures will be over 100 RON and not be near detonation at peak torque?

Not necessarily true at the far end of the scale. If the fuel is still burning when the piston is all the way down already, it's wasted and power loss should occur.

Can someone confirm this?

85% ethanol

15% 98 RON Unleaded

Its a proven reciepe ;)

The more ethanol the better

All the benefits are in the ethanol not the Unleaded fuel

sorry man but i dont get what you were stating in your previous comment?

85% ethanol

15% 98 RON Unleaded

Its a proven reciepe ;)

The more ethanol the better

All the benefits are in the ethanol not the Unleaded fuel

sorry man but i dont get what you were stating in your previous comment?

The stock injectors will max out with that much ethanol.

Also nobody so far is understanding the question.

It is just a 10:1 N/A engine. That much ethanol will be pointless and prob lose power. It'd burn too slow, especially with 98 as the unleaded component.

I just want someone with experience to confirm what I've read. YOU CAN GO TOO HIGH IN OCTANE if the engine is just naturally aspirated with low comp. hence why 40% ethanol 60% 95 would be a good mix?

Posted (edited)

The front mirrors in the cars or all the vehicles are of great use that is useful. Henceforth you can get ukwritings review that is there to promote the better options for getting the useful results.

Edited by pifinuwale