Sign in to follow this  
some_cs_student

Where do you buy your supplements from ?

Hi,

I enjoy hunting around for bargains, in fact I've got a list of websites that I can purchase things from very cheaply depending on what I need.

The one thing that I can't seem to find good discounts on are supplements.

My current favorite website is http://www.a1supplements.com.au/ I order something and its here within a few days.

He often does discounts, and he's got a few specials on for end of financial year at the moment, in fact he had 13% off everything recently.

For example, Dymatize Elite Whey is $125+shipping, shipping is normally only about $8 or so. And his customer service is good if you call him and advise what you need.

Does anyone else have a favorite website?

I've got others but they're not for supplements, eg. bookdepository.co.uk or bookdepository.com sell books at a super cheap rate with free shipping, among many other websites :)

Regards,

Gareth

EDIT: I should have probably written that I only really buy protein powder, and maybe protein bars (which I eat maybe 1 / week :)).

And yes, I know food is better, I eat food most of the time :P

i also order from A1 supps but they seem to like screwing me over and saying yeah we got that Cavour in stock, then after i pay they claim that they haven't had stock for weeks in that flavor so i get stuck with something else, other than that prices are good.

I recently bought my mass gainer and pre pump at SUPPLEMENTS101, was my first time buying this kinda stuff but the blokes did give me discount and a shaker. Not too bad i reckon.

i can strongly reccommend massive joes (http://www.massivejoes.com/ )

Very good prices, free postage on orders over $150 and flat rate (CHEAP) postage on everything else.

I'm yet to find anywhere else I can get 4.5kg of ON gold standard whey for $160 delivered. all the good brands are cheap as on there.

one place and only one place guys www.sportyshealth.com.au

Free delivery on orders over $50, ON gold standard 4.7kg bags are $149.99 with free delivery.

Vitamin KING

I actually found a few of these websites recently but hadn't really looked at them.

Dymatize Elite Whey is on special for $109 with free shaker!

Oh, I forgot to mention I occasionally but from http://www.vitaminme.com.au but more for multivitamins or similar. Although they do have the occasional special on something that I want :)

one place and only one place guys www.sportyshealth.com.au

Free delivery on orders over $50, ON gold standard 4.7kg bags are $149.99 with free delivery.

Comments removed, I accidentally looked up the American supplements101 website.

www.proteindirect.com.au :thumbsup:

Edited by stealth getz

friend works at govita, just scored me horleys crossfire 3kg for 70bux.

Hi,

I enjoy hunting around for bargains, in fact I've got a list of websites that I can purchase things from very cheaply depending on what I need.

The one thing that I can't seem to find good discounts on are supplements.

My current favorite website is http://www.a1supplements.com.au/ I order something and its here within a few days.

He often does discounts, and he's got a few specials on for end of financial year at the moment, in fact he had 13% off everything recently.

For example, Dymatize Elite Whey is $125+shipping, shipping is normally only about $8 or so. And his customer service is good if you call him and advise what you need.

Does anyone else have a favorite website?

I've got others but they're not for supplements, eg. bookdepository.co.uk or bookdepository.com sell books at a super cheap rate with free shipping, among many other websites :)

Regards,

Gareth

EDIT: I should have probably written that I only really buy protein powder, and maybe protein bars (which I eat maybe 1 / week :)).

And yes, I know food is better, I eat food most of the time :P

I got Dymatize Elite over the counter for $120 from Gary in Chapel Street on Thursday. No 2 days waiting, no freight, and a free Max's bar.

I got Dymatize Elite over the counter for $120 from Gary in Chapel Street on Thursday. No 2 days waiting, no freight, and a free Max's bar.

Really? Is that Health4U on Chapel St?

Last time I went he charged $125 or $130 for Dymatize Elite whey, he used to charge $120 when I bought it about 6months ago.

But I'm a really nice guy, and he knows I never haggle, so he simply gives me his best price straight up

Even $130 though is still cheaper if your paying $125 + $8 freight plus having to wait.

I would pay $20 extra if it meant no waiting

But I'm a really nice guy, and he knows I never haggle, so he simply gives me his best price straight up

Even $130 though is still cheaper if your paying $125 + $8 freight plus having to wait.

I would pay $20 extra if it meant no waiting

I don't haggle :P

Anyway, I don't mind waiting, as long as I don't run out :)

Thanks for the tip.

While most on here seem to resent brand names, it would be wise to watch the bigger faster stronger documentary.

Anybody can set up a supplement company.

But not anyone can afford it to collapse due to shit ingredients.

your not paying for the brand name alone, remember that.

If ON or Horleys, Dymatize or Maxs stuff up, massive consequences.

If Nicks Super Squat Protein Powder stuffs up, its renamed Ricks Super Deadlift powder, no blood no foul.

How many of you would get under a 300kg squat with a no name bar?

Dont know about you guys, but I'd prefer a credible companys bar.

Interesting comment Markus, with the place you go how many kilos is $130. One thing I have always wondered is if sometimes some of the numbers on the back are just numbers and not real protein content. Apparently the place I go has been aroudn for ages sponsors lifters blah blah blah, but that could jsut be bullshit as well I guess.

Also, how do you spell your name? I feel like an ass if I'm spelling it wrong, is it Markus, Marcos, Markos? so many differnt variations

Those 'numbers on the back' are accurate.. Especially with the known brands. Again, the big brands have a reputation, and independent testing does occur. far too much to lose for a brand with a good reputation.

As Marcos mentioned there are big consequences for the bigger brands, but a smaller company with a 'proprietary blend' is more likely to be dodgy. another good reason to stick to the brand name stuff. And generally its not much more expensive anyway

Interesting comment Markus, with the place you go how many kilos is $130. One thing I have always wondered is if sometimes some of the numbers on the back are just numbers and not real protein content. Apparently the place I go has been aroudn for ages sponsors lifters blah blah blah, but that could jsut be bullshit as well I guess.

Also, how do you spell your name? I feel like an ass if I'm spelling it wrong, is it Markus, Marcos, Markos? so many differnt variations

If your talking about Health4U its 10lb of Dymatize Elite Whey, 4.5kg or so

ahh fair enough, I pay $145 for 5kg of protein with 10% casseine, so not much difference in price really, might have a go at health4u see if I get any different gains

i can strongly reccommend massive joes (http://www.massivejoes.com/ )

Very good prices, free postage on orders over $150 and flat rate (CHEAP) postage on everything else.

I'm yet to find anywhere else I can get 4.5kg of ON gold standard whey for $160 delivered. all the good brands are cheap as on there.

your not looking hard enough. usually pay $140-$150 delivered for 4.7kg on gold

Myself and the whole of my gym all head to www.ultimatewhey.com.au ,they do bulk powders as well as a heap of popular supplements. Their range is always increasing and the owner is a great guy and will get just about anything for you at a better price than you're paying,simply email him at ultimatewhey@live.com.au. They didnt have it on the site,but I wanted a heap of different products,he got every single one in for me especially and I saved a ton!!!

They have alot of really new products too,they were the first to have Scivation Quake and they already have Jack3d grape Bubblegum,which only just came out. Im glad Ive found a place where I can get new products and try them out straight away,instead of waiting 3-6 months until it is finally available in Australia

Ok I think that's enough of people joining up to spam their wares.

Plenty of cheap supplement places on Google.