Sign in to follow this  
MR 1JZ

4x4 topic/crew pt II

havent broken anything recently, we mainly break shit when working half cut laugh.gif

Or just shred bolts and replace them with completely diffrent ones lol

Or just shred bolts and replace them with completely diffrent ones lol

pfft... my old RA23 was held together entirely using the wrong sized bolts nuts and tech screws.

working on cars half cut is the only way to work on cars

any one keen on cummn up to loveday 4x4 adventure park to watch the mickey thompson riverland callange with a bunch of us this weekend? fiew of us leaving fri nyt, me n fiew others are leaving eirly sat morning..

its all this stuff.. this is the guys from loveday doin a demo at the 4x4 show..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYT9Y2gL6uo

we r camping there sat nyt n getting on the drink.. then comming back sun nyt.. let me know if yu wona cruise up with us

this is their website.. http://www.loveday4x4adventures.com/CompetitionsEvents.html

Anyone know were I can get my snorkel installed? I got it here but if I can get it done for under 50 bucks I miswell go that way.

Don't know how much luck you'll have getting it installed for under $50 unless it's mates rates. Try Cross Country 4x4 for a price they are normally cheaper then the other mobs (well have been for me at least). If you go through with it yourself go nuts when you tape the guard and check your template multiple times and roughly line your snorkel up with the markings to see if it all looks right. When using the holesaw just make sure you have a decent length pilot (I used a faily long one stuck out from the holesaw about 50mm) which will hold it nice and stead and slowly scratch through the guard. The rest is pretty easy.

Yeah i got all the tools and know what to do, just dont wonna mesure it up wrong... was mainly looking for someone who has previously installed one.

only thing im sketiching is putting the whole in the wrong spot or cracking the paint :lol:

Yeah i got all the tools and know what to do, just dont wonna mesure it up wrong... was mainly looking for someone who has previously installed one.

only thing im sketiching is putting the whole in the wrong spot or cracking the paint :lol:

It's a 4by :P Harden up!

I'm about to replace my snorkel  :P Because I destroyed mine.

It's easy man, Mark it up, test and go.

Measure twice, cut once.

As long as you can cover it with the snorkel you should be alright lol. Just put your faith in the template and check it as many times as you have to they allow a fair bit of tolerance in the instructions anyway.

this seems like awesome news considering my snorkel didnt come with a template dry.gif

this seems like awesome news considering my snorkel didnt come with a template dry.gif

That's going to be quite a disaster then. What brand snorkel is it?

Well considering you got a safari snorkel you should be able to find a template somewhere. Go down to an ARB or a place that stocks then with a bit of thin cardboard or paper and see if you can trace one say you bought it from them a while ago and didn't get the template or something like that.. or I think you can order them in for like $25. Another thing would be to go onto the toyota forums with a product number and see if anyones still got theres.

yeh was thinking of dropping into arb

was even considering making my own template but opted against it

what happen to torrens....did a farken truck go thorugh it and dug the shiet out of it.

nahhh, at the start of the track there is a few piles of bricks... so just go around and come back the other way.. problem solved.

and up the top next to the road they levelled it all out so u cant really hide behind the 'wall' so any lights would be seen easy.

someone should buy the land and turn it into something like loveday thumb.gif

Can someone pm me directions to "torrens" :)

Edited by spyathe

Bricks arnt a issue fark if they pierced our tyres we better be returning them....just looks like the ruts are way deeper then they originally are. Crazy deep

the bricks are in spots where your travelling at speed and is all broken up so its sharp as in spots

they also put them in some rutts and at the bottom of blind mounds

not really a fan of torrens now anyway, faaaaaaar too much po po attention for my liking

what do ya'll think of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130447458350&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

heading up to the high country this coming long weekend and although it looks like it will be fairly dry, its a popular track so im guessing the ruts will be deep... i googled the tyres and got mixed reviews... some tourers have run them for years and love them, others have gone through side walls time after time...

i would prefer something like bfg goodies or big horns however budget is limited this week and i need anything really bigger then my 245/70 silverstone ats..

Ok for $350?

bargain in my book thumbsup.gif

considering a pair of new dualers are more than that all together

Anyone keen for a night quarry run? If so pm me so I can organize a night

Got my hands on them 31x10.5x15 sunnies wrapped in desert duellers.. sanded and painted them black... car looks so tough now!

67691_1639694162337_1536270127_31586525_1790436_n.jpg

removed the flare temporarily while I measure out and cut them so they clear the tyres. Either that or just add some caster. Probably will put some garden edging flares on too.

Went for a local bust and im really really happy with the tyres... much better grip then my old silverstone 117 ATs on both road and mud.

73502_442883061875_665476875_5876020_7638169_n.jpg

Pics look sweet! Nothing like a rattle can job