Sign in to follow this  
EnFlaMEd

Daihatsu Rocky

Hey guys this is my TD 2.8 Rocky that I picked up to use as a daily. Originally I was going to keep it stock but now that I have work car I might as well start doing some shit to the old girl. It came with the front spotties, electronic rust protection, a bull bar and Haymen Reece tow bar.

03102010163.jpg

Mods so far:

Halo Crystal cut sealed beam conversion

Head light loom upgrade

100/130 Narva Globes

Reverse light

Uniden uh400sx

Pioneer stereo

Airflow snorkel

Divorced wastegate dump pipe into 2.5" straight muffler system

Rebuilt the front end which was a massive saga. Everything was seized from beach work and getting the right parts for the brakes etc was a nightmare. The Sports Afield has the later model brakes which is not noted in any catalogs and I got send the wrong bearings!.

I have started a bit of a collection of recovery gear and so far have a tow rope, snatch strap and a recovery hitch. I also have 4 Hella 180s to go on the roof when I can be stuffed hooking them up

Hopefully soon Ill get a 2" spring lift fitted and some 31x10.5 Silverstone mt-117s. I also want to wind the boost and pump up a bit and fit a top mount cooler.

Looks the goods, check out the 4x4 for sale section, few members have some muddies etc for sale really cheap second hand! Could save yourself some $$

Cheers man. I can get the mt-117s cheap as anyway. I think around $140ea. They absolutely howl on the road but I don't care now that I'm not driving it everyday.

Went to the Kingston fishing comp a couple of weeks ago. The track to the beach at 28mile crossing was so violent on the rocky it broke an exhaust mount and the CB aerial snapped in half from flexing back and forth! More reason to get lift and more travel!.

168473_10150092631507017_537212016_6329978_5869711_n.jpg

168679_10150092630222017_537212016_6329932_5226083_n.jpg

Thought I might give this a bit of a quick up date. So a while ago I fitted up some wank spec roof mounted spotties and also stepper motor boost and EGT gauges. Then some actual retarded bitch backed into my car putting a huge dent in the door. Then I took it to Loveday and got it muddy and smashed my reverse light and tore all my mud flaps off. Also one of the front hubs came loose again. Been an on going issue with that corner of the car for some reason.

Currently shes getting the damage repaired at All Type so hopefully I'll have it back next week. Hopefully then I can get a lift and muddies sorted out. Might also install the boost controller I have for it and start playing around with the pump to see how much black stuff I can get to come out the back :drool:

I have some videos to come at some point as well. Just need to get the DVD off a mate and chop it into youtube friendly slices.

15052011319.jpg

aaaaaaarockyrocky.jpg

loveday03.jpg

rockydent.jpg

29052011346.jpg

Edited by EnFlaMEd

That is the plan :D

Any idea what problems I might encounter if I also went with a 1 1/2" body lift? How much extra shit also has to be moved etc?

Well dropped my car off at Cross Country yesterday and got her back today. Shes now equipped with an EFS 50mm lift kit, 15x8 Dynamics and 31x10.5 Silverstone MT-117s. I also now having a functioning EGT gauge :D I sorted out the rims and tyres myself and got Cross Country to look after the suspension. I'm amazed they got it sorted in less than day. Only bad thing was when I drove it after the lift I had a terrible vibration. Turns out the drive shaft had gone dry from the extra stretch so I pumped her full of grease tonight and now shes sweet.

Also my front tyres scrub on a bolt for the leaf packs at full lock. I'm not really sure how do deal with this problem :(

In all I am pretty stocked with the result. Also learned I can get way more flex out of it with a few simple mods and Cross Country have offered to tune the fuel pump for me. I cant wait to test it out! I'm still waiting on my spare wheel to arrive from QLD. Ill have to mod the wheel carrier when it arrives :(

371lp.jpg

373ny.jpg

378id.jpg

:woot: that looks sweet, rims & tyres make it look so much tougher!

the springs will settle & soften up a bit with use, what is the tyre rubbing on, i'm guessing one of the spring pack clamps about 1/2 way along the leaf spring?

you could either swap the bolt around or just remove it completely on both sides leaving the spring pack clamp there as they're usually riveted into the end of one of the leaves.

if you're chasing a bit more flex you can open both front & rear spring pack clamps up a bit so the springs have a bit more room to move, but again you might run into scrubbing issues.

Cheers for the info Gus and comments lads. Gus you were right about where it was hitting. Being me I opted for the quick solution this afternoon. 5mm slip on spacer and an angle grinder to shave down the bolt head. Problem solved.

Dude at Cross Country mentioned getting extended sway bar links and longer shocks. But to be honest I doubt I'll really need them. I want to give it a go how it is now before thinking about anything else. It did almost everything how it was anyway to my surprise. Now it should be a million times better. Still wishing I could get a locker!

Next on the list is EBC install and pump tweak. Might try get a compressor over Chistmas. Anyone got any ARB hookups? I wouldn't mind a tank and one of the new 100% duty cycle pumps.

Took a bunch of quick phone camera snaps on my way home from the car wash today.

20111231173315.jpg

20111231173239.jpg

20111231173231.jpg

20111231173221.jpg

20111231173134.jpg

20111231173116.jpg

20111231173100.jpg

20111231173040.jpg

This community is discussing the different jeeps on which they ride and get enjoyment. So far this is concerned best essays review is giving the vast topics that are valuable are giving the details about it.