Hey guys my ABS light on my s14 (yellow ABS writing on dash ) has popped up - only came on recently like a couple of weeks back.

So ive been told that in SA that its a defect from a mechanic, can anyone give some info on this?

Secondly does this mean my brakes are on there way out ? (doesnt really feel like it but going to get them checked asap just incase)

Thirdly or do you think its something to do with a fuse? (like ive been told sometimes the abs light just stays on, can anyone back this up?)

Thanks in advance for the info guys

Have you checked the brake fluid? Or maybe that's the hand brake light...? Can't remember, check fluid levels anyways lol.

1st the ABS light will be for your ABS system telling you something is not working right in the ABS

this means that when you brake hard, the ABS will no longer kick in and you will lock up

I had my ABS light come on and by what i've found out this mostly happens due to a relay stuffing up

there was a thread somewhere with details how to replace this relay but i never bothered with that since i will be getting rid of the ABS completely anyway

oh BTW been driving with the ABS light on for the past 1.5 years, so no it doesn't realy matter(unless you want a working ABS)

+1 on relay. Was my problem, bit annoying to fix, but not too difficult. Yep find that thread, it has all the info. Probably 2 years old now though so best bet is to use google to search for it.

Relay wasnt my problem :( i just unpluged one of the 3/4 plugs into the abs and it gets rid of the light, but doesnt fix it

Find the fault code first, then go from there. Theres plenty of info on how to do this.

My pump died, so just replaced the unit under bonnet and now all good.

People are interested in getting suggestions regarding the car features when they need to buy. As a result, essay pro is giving all the users’ reviews who have been the experts in this field to give advice.

Posted (edited)

thank you

Edited by cylimtg