Sign in to follow this  
GiantStickMan

S14/S15 seat belts

I've replaced the stock CA seats with seats from an R33, and now the clasp next to the seat is too long. The standard S13 belts are different to the R33 ones so I can't use the clasps that came with the 33 seats.

To complicate things, the R33 retractable belts mount at the base to a rail which isn't on the S13. The back seat belts from an R33 would work, but they mount on an angle and won't retract when mounted upright.

So my question is this, how do S14 and S15 seat belts mount at the front? Do they bolt to the chassis or to a rail the same as 33 seat belts? If someone can supply a photo of the belt itself that would probably answer my question.

Cheers

The buckle itself bolts to the seat rail in S14/15, sorry I don't have a picture but its probably the same as the R33. The outside retractable side bolts to the chassis. Does that answer your question? (its early, lol)

Just unbolt the buckle of the s13 seat and mount it on your r33 seat and run your normal seat belt from factory

That's the problem, the length, the stock clasps have a few inches of fabric before them, whereas the skyline clasps don't, so when you use the stock clasps they sit way too high, look stupid and feel uncomfortable.

Thanks sublah, it's not the buckle itself i'm curious about, it's the retractable unit. Part of it is bolted to the door, but the base of it does it mount to the chassis of the car or a metal rail? This might show what i mean, this is a set of R32 belts, see how the piece at the very bottom of the pic is a loop of fabric? That slips onto a rail next to the seat in the R33's. I want to confirm if S14 and 15's are the same design, or is that instead a piece of metal that bolts to the chassis?

belt.jpg

Edited by GiantStickMan

Yeah I know what you mean now, my mates skyline is like that. I can confirm S14s definitely bolt straight to the chassis, not loop over a rail like skylines do.

Nissan Silvia is the best car for all the car lovers and hos auto spare part world number one pare part with at the cheap prices. To best help according to the assignment help, you just order online and they will give the free home delivery as limited time.