Sign in to follow this  
S15NA

Autech exhaust help!

Hey guys, new to the forum and new to owning a silvia! :) need a bit of help of what exhaust is best suitable for my car. Autech's are known to be extremely loud (well mine is) and my factory exhaust has cracked! I want the right suitable full exhaust size right to the tip, and of course for it not to be loud, to be stealthy, and suitable for the car power and so on.

If you guys have any suggestions, your help would be much appreciated! Especially anyone who has had experience with this sort of silvia, thanks heaps! :D

Autech's are known to be extremely loud (well mine is) and my factory exhaust has cracked! I want the right suitable full exhaust size right to the tip, and of course for it not to be loud, to be stealthy, and suitable for the car power and so on.

Personally I'd just replace or weld the broken piece, however you haven't said what cracked.

The exhaust system on the Autech is correctly-sized and good quality, from headers to muffler.

If it's the muffler, try to find something of a similar size; bigger will usually be quieter, smaller louder. Magnaflow and Lukey make decent products (a little on the loud side) and are sold locally.

You do not need to change the size of the factory pipes, unless you like to decrease performance and increase drony fart noises.

Edited by pmod

^^^ What he said. It's like Honda Type R's - everything is there for a reason. Putting a 3" exhaust on it isn't going to make it better, even if it's louder or peakier or whatever. The best thing you can do for the car's power is keep it as close to stock as possible. A different pipe will give you a tradeoff of low end power vs. high end power. Stock is going to be the best mix of driveability and power.