Sign in to follow this  
korsou

CA18DET Help !

Hello Gents,

Hope everybody is doing great, I have been away for a while due to medical reasons. Had 3 herniated disks in my back that required surgery, luckily am I back on track and jumping around !!!!!!!! Well, enough about me and I ask you for your help.

I have a 1991 CA18DET equipped S13. The engine is forged with 9.0 : 1 Compression ratio, ported head, stock valves, cams etc. Ported factory intake, front mount intercooler, topmount turbo manifoild, GT3071 turbo, 3" catback, stock fuel rail, stock injectors and now stock ECU. Walbro fuel pump with adjustable regulator set at 1,8Bar of fuel. Innovative Wideband O2, factory MAF.

I cannot manage to get the engine to run smoothly. Idle is erratic and when revving the engine is does not go up smoothly. You see the rpm needle stumbling along . The timing is set at +/- 15º (at around 1500 rpm) . I looked at the plugs and they seem to be burning correctly but I have loads of black smoke (rich) in the exhaust, the Wideband reads 14,5 - 15,2 at idle.

I have installed all the original parts mentioned above to eliminate issues which I cannot figure out. I have no codes on the ECU.

Please gents, any help will be highly apopreciated.

Have a great one,

Korsou

Hi mate, if it is a jdm ca18det base ignition timing should be set at 10 degrees +/- 2 degrees btdc @ 750rpm.. I would start there first.. 15 degrees is the base timing for the euro model...

have you tried to block off the Aux Air Control Valve, that could be cactus and hence the high revs.. then the ECU goes WTF and tries to correct it at the IAV and hence the bs idle.

Nissan Silva creates s great blog for its users and many user give the family impression at that blog and hared their personal problem with the family. So I have suggest you that is pay me to do your homework legit which will help them most during the session.