Sign in to follow this  
Puddi

'95 180SX SR20DET

Hi fellas. New member here just moved into the imports from owning and wasting money on a V6 Commodore (Or boat lol). Mate took me for a drive in his new-ish Sil80 with a T28 and after 2 corners I literally just changed my mind, I was looking at an SS but went and bought this about a week later.

Essentially stock but details on the car;

Engine:

SR20DET with a Front Mount Intercooler and Pod Filter

Stock Turbo running at 16psi (Possible tune)

2.5" Exhaust

Interior;

Green centre console, 10" Soudstream Sub and Fusion (ew) 6x9's mounted in the rear armrests. Alpine H/U stolen from the Commy and Digital Boost Gauge

Exterior;

Type X Rear Bar, Sideskirts and Taillights. Green 17" Rims, I keep forgetting what brand. Coilovers all around, not sure on brand either.

Future Mods:

Bigger Injectors (~700cc), Bigger Fuel Pump, Z32 MAF, T2871r Turbo. Thinking about 3" Exhaust but they sound bad compared to the 2.5 in my opinion. So probably dual 2.5" exhaust if possible. I am aiming for 200kw or 300hp, I want to be able to take on LS engines from rolling start and have a fun time powercruising. New to imports and turbos so not sure on other mods.

Got some work to do on it as I got it impounded and yellow stickered (Front tyre offset and small leak on turbo)

As required, pics:

IMAG0883_zps6bc28c8b.jpg

IMAG0880_zps662348ec.jpg

IMAG0881_zpsb6322720.jpg

IMAG0886_zps0648f106.jpg

IMAG0901_zpsd441fbec.jpg

IMAG0805_2_zpsa3977f81.jpg

IMAG0882_zps01edbf81.jpg

Will chuck up some speccy pics a bit later with my mate's Sil80 and such.

Any feedback and suggestions are much appreciated - I don't know much with the imports and such.

Cheers

Puddi

post-149643-0-61541800-1374583731_thumb.jpg

Edited by Puddi

Welcome etc... Nice 180, although your choice in chocolate flavoured milk does suck.

Type x front bar and carbon centre garnish for the tail lights would set it off nicely. And a black roof

Welcome etc... Nice 180, although your choice in chocolate flavoured milk does suck.

Hahaha they were the girlfriends, I despise brownes. Double Shot Masters Iced Coffee for the win.

Type x front bar and carbon centre garnish for the tail lights would set it off nicely. And a black roof

Black roof sounds like a very good idea, considering a Type X front bar too (I need to centre the intercooler anyway) though I like the clean white garnish on the back. Maybe an idea though.

Get the car back on Monday the 29th and I'll need to look at the turbo, if the leak is bad I'll just grab a T2871r :D Will it still be drivable ?

Get the car back next Monday and going to a fair few places to look at Turbo Leak and possible other things pits may pick on. In the meantime here are some pictures before the impoundment and before I removed the shopping list;

IMAG0795_zps355818b5.jpg

IMAG0794_2_zpsfab50b5d.jpg

IMAG0876_zps77ff0283.jpg

IMAG0872_zpsd7acbcfa.jpg

IMG_1874_zps7970c5cc.jpg

Hope you enjoy. That Black Sil80 is what got me into the imports, running a T28 on his.

Got a big bunch of White LEDs (License Plate, Dash, Interior Dome and Map lights) and a Manual Turbosmart Boost Controller to go in as well.

Cheers

looks very nice enjoy :), i also just got into the imports and got out of commodores bit of a change

So got the car back. Turbo isn't leaking oil, was just a dodgy catch can install with garden hose and such haha. All sorted now and all the white LEDs are in, looks good especially the dash:

Before and after pics as follows

IMAG0937_zps8b7077f7.jpg

IMAG0941_zps30f3ebfc.jpg

IMAG0938_zpsee94fd29.jpg

IMAG0942_zps5772f42b.jpg

IMAG0904_zpsff7630f7.jpg

IMAG0945_zps87b8f20d.jpg

Back Home

IMAG0939_zpsc1e3dcfb.jpg

IMAG0946_zps5c2b4014.jpg

Booked in for pits next week

Cheers for looking

Hi guys, been over the pits only picked on three things; I need a permit for coilovers + pod + exhaust manifold, basically need some stockies and front wheel arch guards. Pretty simple overall. However turbo is now making some funny sounds and I am only getting 7psi max of boost. Here's a video if anybody can help

http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/frogsta360/media/VIDEO0060-0_zps24f930c1.mp4.html

Let me know if link doesn't work

And here's a pic from a recent cruise

180sx_zps4b549902.jpg

So engine started knocking, swapped out for one with a flash tuned ECU + Z32 MAF and S15 injectors woo. Fixed coolant leak from turbo line... the one that goes across the back of the engine which was a prick

Currently saving funds, got myself dual thermos to go in and the car needs a tune as it runs rich and sometimes hesitates; got new spark plugs but no fix.

Gonna drop it off at PZP to get it 100%. For some reason I have some kind of electrical issue and the battery won't charge, I hear buzzing behind the dash when using power if anybody has had a similar issue let me know.

So engine started knocking, swapped out for one with a flash tuned ECU + Z32 MAF and S15 injectors woo. Fixed coolant leak from turbo line... the one that goes across the back of the engine which was a prick

Currently saving funds, got myself dual thermos to go in and the car needs a tune as it runs rich and sometimes hesitates; got new spark plugs but no fix.

Gonna drop it off at PZP to get it 100%. For some reason I have some kind of electrical issue and the battery won't charge, I hear buzzing behind the dash when using power if anybody has had a similar issue let me know.

Dont get thermos please..

Buzzing sounds like a relay or wire being grounded.

Clean your AFM.. might be the problem for running rich but more or so hesitating. Doesnt hurt cause after all your Z32 was 2nd hand right?

Dont get thermos please..

Buzzing sounds like a relay or wire being grounded.

Clean your AFM.. might be the problem for running rich but more or so hesitating. Doesnt hurt cause after all your Z32 was 2nd hand right?

Cleaned AFM as I installed and yeah came with the engine which I saw running and worked well - one problem was that the wiring for the Z32 came undone but I have grounded and rewired it to what I am sure is correct

I can't be bothered with the radiator shroud and it'll just be a street car which is why I was just gonna use the thermos, heard good and bad but meh. I'm thinking of putting stock MAF, Injectors and ECU in the car and see how it runs to help pinpoint what the problem is.

If anybody could shed some light on the little red box which connects the wires from the alternator to the battery and if I can remove it?

Cheers all