Sign in to follow this  
essonefive

Coilovers

Anyone with experience/knowledge/opinions on MCA red series coilovers and Shockworks coilovers?

Looking into these two brands as well as Tein Monoflex for my new set of suspension. I know the MCA coils are in a higher price bracket but never mind that.

Cheers

From everything I've read and heard I'd be inclined to go with the MCAs.

Mca is a sure thing. I've heard the customer support is second to none. What's the car used for?

Yeah I'm getting more and more keen on them. I'm actually emailing with them now, discussing my car and my options. I'm liking what I'm reading

The car is going to be track only, grip/time attack/hillclimbs

I currently do time attack with mine an can not fault my new cusco zero 2rs but my next setup will be mca reds. Also a friend of mine that i track with has some Zeals rebuilt by mcas. He's been around for 10yrs and absolutely loves them

Just to let everyone know I've gone with the MCA red series. Thanks for everyone's input. Further updates, pics and info will be in my build thread as it occurs

quality technology and support is matched by shock works. they are very popular amongst a lot of drifters all going from expensive Japan brands to shock works and seeing much better results. plus for street and daily driving there comfort factor is unreal. best all round coil over by far, can cruise to work hit a few pumps and not snap a spine and can head up the hills stick to the road like glue and then go to the track and win adgp

they don't get as much credit as they deserve that's for sure specially considering there under 2k fitted and aligned

Edited by - Donny -

Shock works? How do you find them and are there diffrent series to the coilover? I can't find any info on them for a silvia

Google Shockworks man, they're in Melbourne (Dandenong), orange coloured coilover

na there in Mon bulk but there are 2 dealers in dandenong.

basically brett the owner has a close relation ship with the owners of neo tech in Korea.

they partnered up and had neo tech build there bodies, how ever all the red and tech is in there dampers which are all in house custom valved by brett and Chris from shock works.

unreal coil overs and I didn't know what good coil overs felt like to ill I drov ed with them.

They only have the one series cause its a good all rounder coil over.

Check them out on Facebook brett is very knowledgeable and sort after amongst a lot of oem manufactures and he gets flown all over the world to develop shocks for race teams and big companies

Lol. Never mind I didn't see the link to their website duuuuuhhh.

Edited by The New Guy

Since the OP had chosen MCA Red, so without me sounding like I'm hijacking the can I also ask a few question and get your opinion!

I think the price range between the MCA blue $1550 and the shockworks $1700 is a better comparison.

How would you guys rate bwteen the two mentioned?

Can't speak for the Mca stuff myself but I can vouch for the shock works being well worth it over a cheap pair of your generic bc, had drift works ect. for 1300 or so

Absolutely agree with donny. You won't go wrong either way. Flip a coin lol or just call n talk to them n see who u wanna go with

Thanks Donny and Stuss

I will get MCA purely because they have 2 years waranty and after spending about 35min on the phone with Josh he seems very genuine and knowledgable.

Another thing that leans me towards the MCA Blue is that when I spoke to him and I was unsure if I needed the Red he suggests that I can upgrade from the Blue to Red at a later stage if my needs change. I won't go into pricing on that but lets just say it is still very competitive.

Seems good to me

I'm gunna try the reds when I'm up for a set! Let us know what u think